The goal of our annual festival is to give various perspectives on contemporary European cinema. The program focuses on innovative European films, which reflect current political and social realities of Europe‘s changing societies. We want to trace a cinema that tells of regional peculiarities and different conditions for living on this continent. We aim to open up new cinematic territories, which are under-represented in everyday movie business.
Find all festival awards here.
What is considered a “European Film”?According to our regulations below a film is considered European, if either director or the production company are based in one of the states of the continent. Above that, the film should deal with European topics.
1) CONDITIONS FOR ENTRIESDeadline for entries: 4 January 2021
Films being entered for the program sections European Competition (Fiction, Documentary & YAAAS!), European Panorama and European Panorama Specials must comply with the following conditions:
- Entries must have been produced within 2020/2021 and not previously screened in Austria. The Austrian premiere of the title at CROSSING EUROPE is obligatory.
- Films must be feature-length. (over 60 minutes)
- Entries must be considered “European Films” – see above for definition.
- All films selected for the program will be presented in their original versions with English subtitles. It is highly recommended to submit screeners (screening link) with English subtitles.
- Screening copy: the standard screening format for features is DCP. In exceptional cases we can screen 35mm or from Blu-Ray.
- No entry fee.
- You will receive a notification in case your film has been selected (latest by the end of February 2021). For NOT selected films we will NOT send out any notifications for organizational reasons – thank you for your understanding!
- The festival reserves the right to choose the program section in which the film is to be included.
- The festival shall not be obliged to justify their decision or to provide feedback on submitted films.
- By submitting a film you furthermore accept the festival’s rules and regulations as stated here.